January 23, 2014

It's Been a while part 2

Continuing on with our recent life in picture from Part 1.


This picture was actually supposed to go on Part 1, (I'm not perfect) just after Sara's birthday party pic. This is Sara and her cousin, Camryn, playing with Sara's new birthday presents. Monster High and fairies. Of course.


Playing with fairies continued into late night. This is Camryn playing and hanging out with Uncle Jason, who is, of course, holding an Xbox controller. No shame. :)


Jason and I escaped the house and hung out at The Lost Leaf in downtown Phoenix. Then we ate at Pita Jungle. mmmm


More painting. More coffee. Tip: Don't confuse your coffee for your paint water.

Even Camryn got busy with the paints. Notice I suggested she use "real" watercolors and not the princess ones. I'm trying...


Oh but then we went to Disney on Ice. I wasn't thrilled about the idea at first (don't get me started on my feminist rant about the terrible Disney female role models) but it was actually really really great. Truly magical and tons of fun.  I highly recommend it, even if your'e not a huge fan of Disney.

Sara prepared to go back to school after Christmas break. Watching Cake Boss, her favorite man on the planet, is how she went about it. :)


This is what January looks like in Arizona. Every day after school, Flower (the doggie) and I walk to the park right next to the house and wait for Sara and her friends to arrive on the bus. Lots of running ensues.


Nobody is more thrilled about this than Flower! Every day at 3:15, she whines at the front door to go on her daily adventure to the park. :D


Our laptop's A key started wigging out and would not stop typing aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Luckily, Dell, sent me a replacement keyboard in the mail, and somehow I managed to successfully take apart the entire laptop piece by piece and replace the keyboard. This is seriously one of my proudest moments. Also, stop looking at the dirty screen! I fixed that too...

Sara and I spent Martin Luther King Day being crafty. She wanted to do this idea we found on Pinterest to organize all of our nail polish. Glitter, painting, stickers, hearts, nail polish, and organizing all rolled into one. How could I say no?


Voila!

No comments :

Post a Comment